Accounting Support Specialist
St. Petersburg, FL
The corporate offices of City Wide City Wide Franchise is actively searching for a talented Accounting Collections Specialist to join the accounting team. City Wide has more than 50 years’ experience managing 20 building maintenance solutions.
Our mission is to provide world-class building maintenance solutions that save time and solve problems. That mission holds true for all five of our stakeholders, which includes our clients, employees, franchisees, service providers, and investors. We live this mission through effective leadership and our desire to SERVE others. City Wide offers its employees a competitive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with match; 14 days of PTO; and paid holidays.
Are you an experienced accounting professional with friendly personality and a knack for customer service? City Wide is looking for a hard working accounting professional that enjoys working in a team, supporting others, and solving problems. This position will work directly with a group of City Wide Franchise Owners to provide Great Plains training and troubleshooting. This person will also be responsible for providing billable bookkeeping services for an assigned group for Franchisees. Additionally, this person will work directly with the rest of the City Wide Franchise support staff to provide comprehensive support to the independent City Wide locations.
- Provides accounting software training and hotline support to franchise owners and their employees.
- Performs full-charge bookkeeping services for multiple franchise locations.
- Insure accuracy of financial records.
- Periodically review accounting policies and procedures and recommend improvements where needed.
- Responsible for some internal financial reporting.
- Assist with audit functions of franchisee accounting records.
- Create and Improve best practices surrounding outsourced bookkeeping services and software usage.
- Customer Oriented - This position works heavily with independent business owners (franchisees), which requires a high level of customer service.
- Team Oriented - Working within a team and offering assistance as needed, is a must for all of our employees.
- Detail Oriented - All accounting positions require an eye for detail, and this position is no exception as you will be performing bookkeeping services for Franchisees.
- Accuracy - Being able to take the time to double check your work and ensure that the Franchisees are accounting is accurate and free of clerical errors.
- Problem Solving - This person must be able to take the initiative by identifying problems and seeking out a resolution in a timely manner without being told to.
- Accountability - While all of these traits are very important to our organization, accountability is a must to ensure that we maintain transparent communications, while solving problems quickly.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or work equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Automated Account Software systems, Dynamic Great Plains is preferred.
City Wide: Serving Commercial Properties Across the United States
City Wide is a national organization of locally-owned businesses that manages maintenance services for commercial properties. Founded in Kansas City in 1961, we have grown to support a national sales and management organization in more than 50 cities around the United States. Our company culture derives from the values of our founders, and emphasizes professionalism, trust, and community service.
City Wide offers the dual benefits of a small-business atmosphere and a national support organization. Here you will find a strong culture of entrepreneurship with high expectations, and a culture of coaching and support to back it up.
Come work for City Wide, and you will find unparalleled peer support and an organization entirely supportive of your professional development and success. Employee excellence is featured at monthly scorecard meetings, encouraged with employee-generated recognition and reward programs, and celebrated with annual and occasional events and awards.
If you do not see a position available in the specific market you are interested in, please use our locations page to contact that location directly regarding possible employment opportunities. If you were approached by a City Wide employee as part of a recruiting effort and do not see a position available in that market, we suggest contacting that person directly.
Don't forget to check us out on Glassdoor!
Company Website: www.GoCityWide.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)